By Samuel Omaenekun
Many players have worn the green white green of Nigeria but not many have achieved as much as Joseph Yobo, as he retires I look at 5 things you might not have known about him.
1. At the World Youth Championship (WYC) hosted in Nigeria, he sported the No.14 jersey playing as a striker with the likes of Julius Aghahowa and Pius Ikedia.
2. In his time with the Super Eagles, he never conceded a penalty and was never sent off, showing tactical and technical awareness for Nigeria.
3. In the 2006/07 season Joseph YOBO played in all 38 matches not missing a single minute in the English Premier League being one of 7 players to have achieved this.
4. In 2007, Yobo set up the Joseph Yobo Charity Foundation to help under-privileged children.
He gives scholarship awards ranging from Primary to University level. Yobo has started a football academy in the Ogoni region of Nigeria. He also runs football camps in Lagos.
5. Yobo is married to former Nigerian beauty queen Adaeze, who is a step daughter of ex-football player John Fashanu. They are blessed with 2 boys.