Ikhana sent to stands in loss to Tornadoes

Kwara United head coach, Kadiri Ikhana, was ordered to leave the technical area to sit in the stands in his side’s Week 20 loss to Niger Tornadoes at the Bako Kontagora Stadium in Minna on Wednesday.

It was Tornadoes that started the game with so much zest and inside 10 minutes, new signing from Bukola Babes, Daniel Essien Etor opened score to hand the home team a lone goal lead.

But Kabiru Sanusi pulled Kwara United 10 minutes later to leave the score line at 1 – 1.

However, just few minutes to half time, Kwara United right-back, Adekunle Muritala, was given the marching order by centre referee Sani Mohammed from Kaduna State for a second yellow card offence.

Infuriated by the decision of the referee to send off Muritala when it appeared that Kwara United look like taking control Ikhana lost his cool.

The Kwara United manager verbally challenged the decision of the referee from his technical area and that prompted the match official to order him to leave the bench and take a seat in the stands.

In the restart, 10-man Kwara United struggled to keep Etor with his dribbling runs at bay.

On the hour mark, Sibi Gwar, another new signing for Tornadoes and coincidentally from Kwara United punished the away team for slack defending to poke home the winning goal.

The victory over Kwara United has boosted Niger Tornadoes’ chances of sitting five points off relegation with 23 points from 20 games.

In Aba, Dolphins fell like a pack of cards losing 3-0 to Enyimba.

The result however could have been different if the referee had upheld Derrick Amadi's 5th minute goal that did not look off side.

Enyimba scored first in the 30th minute through Victor Barnabas who's cheeky back heel in the six yard box during a goal mouth melee from a corner.

With one minute left to play in the first half, Josiah Maduabuchi was brought down in the box.

Kalu Uche stepped up to take the kick and it was saved by Udoo Ochiogu in the Dolphins goal.

But while the Dolphins defenders were caught ball watching, Uche stepped in line to bury the rebound.

In the 76th minute, Joasiah Maduabuchi went past three Dolphins defenders and curled the ball behind Ochiogu for the third goal.

Dolphins captain, Emah Godwin (pictured top left) should have been sent off as he hack down

Dolphins got another goal in the dying minutes but it was ruled offside once again.

Other results from Wednesday's Nigeria Premier League matches are In Port Harcourt,
Sharks 1-0 Heartland
Rangers 4-0 JUTH
Niger 2-1 Kwara
Enyimba 3-0 Dolphins
3SC 2-1 Ocean
Sharks 1-0 Heartland
Plateau 2-0 Lobi
Pillars 3-0 Zamfara
Wolves 1-0 Kaduna
Gombe 3-1 Crown FC

Additional reports from www.naijaligue.blogspot.com
Share on Google Plus

About xxx

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.


Post a Comment